Listening to Nature’s Whispers
We utilize a variety of timeless ancient traditions to create and maintain sacred space on the land.
Creating Sacred Spaces
We create a space where you can reflect, be quiet and get centered. In our daily lives, we have so much to think about and to do. Between work, children, and errands, we hardly have a moment for our self. This is why you must have a special place to renew your connection with your inner self and spirit. Nature reduces stress and anxiety. Nature provides a retreat from the constant effort to screen out hustle and bustle. Plant fragrances and beauty help relax us and reduce mental fatigue thus refreshing the mind.
Medicine Wheel Gardens
Medicine Wheel Gardens are based on the circle, constructed by laying stones in a circle and then adding stone spokes in the North and South directions as well as the East and West, which act as pathways. The Four Pathways are used to experience the Spirit within. All the Pathways go through the Creator in the center, each pathway’s Gatekeeper are the Eagle in the East, the Coyote in the South; the Bear in the West; and the Buffalo in the North.
Most are planted with perennial and annual herbs, including variety of culinary, teas and healing herbs. Medicine wheel gardens are intensely personal, and one’s choice of plants, materials and symbolic ornaments reflects the inner garden of the spirit. The American Indian Medicine wheel was an ancient way of creating sacred space and calling forth the healing energies of nature.
Shamanic Gardening is a holistic and organic type of landscaping that mixes principles of sustainability with regenerative techniques to create and maintain gardens for all the inhabitants of the earth. Gardens are created to conserve water and help amend the soil. Companion plants are used in vegetable gardens to add nutrients back into the soil and shrubs that provide food to the wildlife are installed among the flowers, thus creating a sense of harmony between people, wildlife and the land.
Using Regenerative methods – using a resource & then recycling or reusing it
Amending naturally to create Healthy Soil
Xeriscaping – the conservation of water
Creating Wildlife habitats by providing food, shelter and water
Thanking the creator, the land, the sky and the plants on a daily basis
Growing nutritious and healthy food
Bioregionalism – using existing onsite materials first
Utilizing organic and sustainable techniques
Planting native species
Producing not only enough food for you, but also enough for neighbors
Plant Aura Adjustments – Both Energetic & Physical
Each healing session is uniquely tailored to the individual plant or tree. First we view the aura and determine procedure for the healing:
- Pruning out dead wood, branches or hazardous vines that could cause damage to the plant.
- Adding a natural compost tea or organic fertilizer.
- Deep root feeding of the plant with organic natural root stimulators.
When the physical adjustments are completed, plant energetic healing is engaged through Shamanic Reiki techniques.
Reiki is an energy technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by “laying on hands” and is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one’s “life force energy” is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy. A treatment feels like a wonderful glowing radiance that flows through and around you. Reiki treats the whole person including body, emotions, mind and spirit creating many beneficial effects that include relaxation and feelings of peace, security and wellbeing.
Here at Reflections of Nature, Reiki is utilized for Plant Aura Adjustments by directing energy for healing into the spirit of the plant with gentle touch techniques on the plant and the soil around the plant. Using Shamanic techniques, such as drumming, feather clearing and smudging will help the plant’s aura blossom and promote growth. Plants want to connect with the people of the land around them, so we instruct homeowners how to connect with the land and it’s inhabitants during a session.
Blessings for Home & Property
A blessing is a series of techniques that release old, unneeded energies and brings in a sense of peace and happiness into a space. This can be done for a house, apartment, place of business, or piece of property.
This process can be accomplish in the following ways:
- Smudging – Burning a Blend of Sacred Herbs to cleanse the air and energy of a space. Smudging releases old energy that has accumulated over time and can remove the “heavy” feeling that can exist in a space. Create a more welcoming and comfortable environment in your home or property. Cleanse old energy that has been left from past events or people. Enable the energies of health, prosperity, and happiness to flow more freely in your home or property.
- Sound Clearing a Space by using a drum or singing bowls to clear the energies.
- Feather Clearing – Using sweeping and brushing strokes of feathers to bless the space.
- Medicine Wheel: This ceremony is for acknowledging the seven directions of the earth (east, south, west, north, above, below, and center). By acknowledging the directions we acknowledge the connection that a space has with the world and universe around it. This process can “anchor” a space and make it feel more stable and more connected with Spirit. Land Clearing involves drawing a medicine wheel on the earth with a staff and then smudging the area.